Shannon is a seasoned team leader, success coach, writer and facilitator with a wide variety of clientele including C-level staff, small business owners from professional services to healing industries, senior executives and individuals seeking a richer, deeper experience of life or wishing to up their game. Her passion is helping business owners, technologists and corporate types get clear on what success means to them and then empowering them to tap into their own inner guidance – combined with practical tools and proven strategies – to create a career and a life they love.
Shannon is a certified Professional Coach through the QSCA Coaching Training Institute. She is also trained as a yoga teacher (RYT 200) through YogaWorks, an avid runner and a certified PMP via the Project Management Institute with 20 years of experience leading projects and teams in the technology industry. Learn more at: ShannonJamesLLC.com
As a smart, savvy, and successful business owner or leader, you’re already an accomplished professional. Now you’re ready to take your success to the next level: perhaps you’re launching a new venture or idea or perhaps you want to better navigate the complexities that come along with your success. You want to do so on your own terms while enjoying more of the benefits your success – whether that be quality time with your loved ones, taking better care of your own health or achieving deeper, more meaningful experiences – at work and at home.
With over 20 years as a seasoned team leader, consultant and success coach for clients – from small business owners, senior executives, to Fortune 50 companies – as well as 12 years running my own business – I’ve taken this extensive experience and developed a unique approach to help you do just that.
My focus is a blend of consulting and coaching that guides clients to:
- Get clear on what success really means to them and then
- Leverage practical tools and proven strategies
- To tap into their own inner guidance, get out of their own way and
- More easily take targeted action to get traction on what’s most important.
One of the unique ways I help you achieve this is by working with you on an integrated approach. This means when you’re facing a challenge, we can deal with it strategically or the most effective approach may be on an emotional, mental and even spiritual level. This powerful and effective integrated approach includes:
Strategic & Tactical Work:
- As a Consultant and Coach for Over 20 Years – 10 years in corporate and 12 years running my own business – I understand the actions required to establish a concrete system in order to connect with your unique definition of success. I also guide you to take inspired actions that move you forward on your path – what’s most important to you, personally and professionally – so that you can increase not only your income, but your impact and your enjoyment along the way.
- Certified PMP via the Project Management Institute – 20 years of experience leading projects and teams in higher education, healthcare, finance, retail, telecom and technology industries. I assist businesses, individuals and organizations in developing effective strategies and implementing step-by-step solutions that ensure success in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex economy.
Mindset & Emotional Work:
Sometimes, when we bump into a challenge, strategic work is not what you’re most needing. In those instances, you’ll find a safe environment to be guided past roadblocks on an emotional, mental and even spiritual level:
- Certified Professional Coach– through QSCA, an accredited member of the ICF, ACTO and the CCE. Shannon is committed to her own lifelong learning and development and has completed over 4 years of professional training in success and leadership coaching modalities and systems. You’ll learn tools and processes to navigate mental and emotional roadblocks you may not even realize you had so that success comes much more easily – and you enjoy your days more.
- Trained Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) – along with extensive training and experience with energy psychology, breathwork and embodiment practices which gives me insight into the effective, yet simple techniques to lessen everyday stress. You’ll learn practical, effective tools that allow you to get out of your own way – right in the moment – when resistance comes up so you recover faster and take action from a more empowered place.
I recognize that your work is likely your passion and it’s always on your mind (at some level). So the line between your professional life and your private life is easily blurred—or may not exist at all. Never-ending to-do lists, smartphones connecting you 24/7, and staying ahead of customer needs and expectations can leave even the most levelheaded person feeling overwhelmed.
Many of us know how this affects our experience of life. We may even know what to do but we still aren’t doing it consistently. So our work suffers, our relationships suffer and so does our quality of life. Know that making shifts doesn’t have to drain every ounce of energy you have. Working with a combination of strategic and mindset tools, I can help you establish an effective combination of action steps, guidance, and the self-care practices you need for tangible results.
To learn more about how I work, take a peek at my programs & services now!
And to learn how I created this shift for my own professional and personal life, read on for my story below.
After 10 years in the corporate world, I left to start my consulting practice. I was finally my own boss, living in a beautiful historic town near the ocean, taking time off to travel the world, and I’d tripled my income in the first year of business alone. I was living my dream. (Or so I thought.)
But one night, a friend popped over unexpectedly. I’d been working all day on a tight project deadline for a remote client. When she walked in, there I was… messy hair in a bun, glasses hanging down to my nose, and still working intensely. Thing is, it was 9:00 pm and I hadn’t even noticed it was dark out! I’d put in yet another 12-hour day with no exercise, no social time, half eaten meals at my desk, and zero downtime.
I’d left my corporate life behind to do what I loved with balance and motivation – not to recreate the stress and overwhelm all over again. And this time, I couldn’t blame anyone but myself. I was the boss. My relationships and social life were suffering and I didn’t have the energy for some of the things I loved like kayaking or even going to the movies. Even when I got out to “play” I was often mentally still stuck at work.
That’s when I decided to find a coach. And within just a few months, I shifted from complete overwhelm to consciously creating actions towards balance, time for my family, myself – and my business has only grown morebecause of it. I’m making a bigger impact, more money – and I’m actually taking time for a full night’s sleep.
Now I help other people do the same. As a certified Professional Coach through the QSCA Coaching Training Institute, an accredited member of the ACTO and the CCE, and a professional training involving over 120 hours of coursework, 75 hours of one-on-one coaching – I work with a wide variety of clientele including C-level staff, small business owners, senior executives, Fortune 50 companies, and individuals. I’ve also trained as a yoga teacher (RYT 200) through YogaWorks, and certified PMP via the Project Management Institute.
I combine my 20+ years consulting with a unique focus on the self-care and mindful practices you need to create the work and the life you truly want with tangible results. And it doesn’t require years of your life. Not even close. It’s all about applying small, yet bold changes for big success.
Authenticity: I strive to be true to my own personality, character and essence and to share that uniqueness with you – my clients and community – in the spirit of empowering each of you to connect with and live from your own authentic nature. #beauthentic
Empowerment: I share information and inspiration with my clients and community to empower them toward their own personal and professional development and growth. All of my work is done with the aim of empowering my tribe to live fully in order to achieve success as they define it. #empowerothers
Connection: I stand for meaningful connection. We are all much more connected than we may realize and what we think, say and do – as well as how we act – has a significant impact on our own outcomes as well as the lives of those around us. #createconnection
Beauty: I seek out beauty in the everyday as a means of inspiration for the soul and spirit. I share beauty in my thoughts, words, actions (and Instagram posts!). #somuchbeautyintheworld